Tuesday, July 5, 2016

7/5

More efforts to get my code working with Dynamo today. With so many new storage components required for DynamoDB, I'm feeling a little lost in the woods with where things are going wrong. It's hard to test through Lambda now, since my code requires a sessionID, requestID, appID, and intent. This means that it's more difficult to know exactly what's going wrong. So far, nothing is working through Alexa. I spent quite a few hours tracing what is called in my code and trying to figure out where it's going wrong by using tons of print lines throughout my local code. 

In the last few hours, I've successfully gotten it to return the proper steps for a given recipe LOCALLY, but it doesn't return it to Dynamo yet. I was having some issues with the way I was writing to it (using DynamoDBMapper and DynamoDBMarshalling), and I haven't looked into that again since.

I've attached as screen shot of my console for the intent of getting the direction list. As you can see, there's a lot going on, a ton of methods called, and a ton of places for me to get confused. It's interesting how many times the same things are called. I'm fairly certain that my code matches the Amazon example in terms of what is called when, so I would be really curious to see if there code also repeats this many times. Maybe it's because my code is struggling to be flagged as "null"? I think this is closely related to the writing/reading through Dynamo issue which I will continue to work on.



No comments:

Post a Comment