Wednesday, July 13, 2016

7/13

More de-bugging today. I fix one thing to find that another thing has stopped working or broken endlessly. I was having issues with my dynamo adding backslashes and quotes in front of the title every time my ingredient index was incremented, so I tried making the ingredient index a separate data field. This has somewhat worked but took a big chunk of time.

I'm also having problems with punctuation. When I ask Alexa to read me the steps, she reads the periods as "dot," and other things like this. My biggest problem at this point, however, is that I don't know how to make this app extremely user friendly. When I ask her to make a recipe, she immediately lists the steps, which isn't helpful. However, I'm not quite sure what would be more helpful here. Another list of options could work, but when I tried playing around with this question and answer type of thing last week, I kept confusing the logic and she ended up ending the sessions or returning a bad intent error.

I'll work on this more tomorrow and later this weekend, but I won't be able to work or blog Friday since I'm going to a family reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment