Tuesday, July 19, 2016

7/19

Today I tested my skill by cooking granola bars without any reference to the recipe and I thought it went really well. It flowed easily and I had no issues until my internet cut out at the very end! The only thing that is still obviously wrong is the ingredient search aspect. I haven't really worked on the fuzzy matching issue yet, and it's really the downfall of my skill.

However, I think I've found a good way to solve this! I'll be using Apache commons text's fuzzyScore. I'm stuck right now because my maven says it can't find the dependency but I know this will resolve within a day.

A few more features I think I'll add will include being able to repeat a listen step or ingredient, as well as using the app feature more. Perhaps I'll have Alexa send the ingredients to the app so you can easily see them or know what to buy at the grocery store. all in all, I'm pleased with how my skill is turning out!

1 comment: