Monday, July 18, 2016

7/18

Today, I added a few new features to make my skill flow better. I added the feature to ask for the next step using "next step" and then also added an intent which would ask the user if they meant the next step or the next ingredient if they just said "next". I also added a secondary menu so after you ask for a particular recipe, it tells you not only what you're cooking (this helps with vague requests, such as asking to cook cookies, since you can hear exactly what recipe Alexa has chosen for you to cook) and gives you a list of options to ask about. This is a lot more user friendly than just starting to list all the steps.

I'm going to cook with Alexa tomorrow and take notes and have a family member do the same later in the week. I've uploaded these changes to GitHub and have also updated by ReadMe.

No comments:

Post a Comment