Monday, May 30, 2016

5/30

First working commit is up! https://github.com/hpedskis/google-summer-of-code

It's pretty rough and most of the methods don't work, but it's the first code that I was able to actually upload to Lambda without receiving an error message. After spending about 8 hours working through the different lambda error messages, I learned that the AWS Java tutorial I was using were actually not using Lambda at all, but setting up a complicated server that I hadn't been implementing. I talked to a co-worker of my brother's who had come across this problem as well. He had created a fix to this problem, though it was outdated. However, this gave me the idea to find things similar. I used this tutorial and after hacking the two together, it finally is runnable and testable!

Tomorrow I will be writing more code and will test what I do have through my Alexa, but I see this as a very important milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment