Monday, May 16, 2016

5/16/16

Today's Progress:
-I found one recipe from Epicurious (the recipe database I'll be using) and copied the recipe- as it was formatted on the websit- into a .txt file
-I configured my code to properly split the recipe into both an array list of ingredients and an array list of steps
-I thought about the data structure. I'm thinking of creating a "recipe" object with an array list of ingredients, an array list of directions, and a name. Then, using a hash map to hold all of my recipe objects. This way, it can easily be searched for.
-I watched a walkthrough for creating a new skill
-I walked through a tutorial on fully bringing together Lambda and the AWS Developer portal

I was hoping to get my recipe working in Lambda, but am finding that this is a lot larger of a step than I initially thought. I have to write all of the possible 'utterances' and need to create a list of 'intents' (requests that can be handled) and the 'slots' (or recipe key words) that can trigger this.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to start progress on creating these utterances, intents, and slots as well as play around with my own Alexa, which is still sitting in a box!

No comments:

Post a Comment