Thursday, June 23, 2016

6/23

I spent a good chunk of today trying to figure out why David can't get my code to find recipes but I have no idea what could be wrong... I'm finding it's pretty difficult to fix a problem that I can't replicate myself!

I started to look at the Alexa samples which saved state using Dynamo or S3 and I'll start integrating this into my code soon. I had the thought that I wanted to make sure everything was completely user friendly before doing this, but after making cookies using my application, I'm convinced that the only way to make it user friendly is to save state.

I got so bored of asking "recipehelper" and specifying the recipe "urban legend chocolate chip cookies" with every single request. Sometimes, I would mess up the title or jumble the whole request and Alexa would get confused- which got annoying after the fifth time it happened.  I was surprised at how well asking about quantity of ingredients worked (except butter, which kept messing up) but asking for specific steps was a challenge as Alexa kept hearing the wrong number.

I now have 50 delicious cookies and have better insight into how to make my app better! hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment