Monday, June 13, 2016

6/13

As I write this post, my computer is slowly processing 30 pages of recipes from each category. It's taken way longer than I could have imagined going through each recipe to grab the title and URL but It continues to add more and more recipes. It took me a while to set up the proper try/catch blocks for each new URL change and to get rid of the HTML errors. I thought about using multi-threading to speed this up, but since my internet has been very touchy in the past, I figured that slow and steady was the way to go. I'm pretty sure by the end of the day I'll have my list of all recipes and their URL's. From here, I'll add the new slot type to the Alexa and with a few tweaking, should have it working if a complete title for any specific recipe is given.

No comments:

Post a Comment