Tuesday, August 9, 2016

8/9

More testing of my skill. I switched back and forth between the two methods for finding a specific ingredient (one of which is more simple and one of which uses fuzzy matching) and both are working very well. I've stuck with the first one, because It's a lot more simple and I don't think there are many differences. I was testing through the AWS console and through my Alexa at home and I'm pleased with how this skill is shaping up. I think most of the bugs I was finding earlier really had to do with the shortcomings of my ingredient text file.

There will obviously be bugs that will arise, but I tested about 10 different recipes (ranging from simple to complicated, recipes that used name brand ingredients, savory dishes, and sweet dishes) and all of the ingredients were found without a problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to cook again using my Alexa and make sure there aren't any last flaws, but I think other than that, I'm done with my project! I'll blog tomorrow about my cooking test and unless I find something that needs fixing, I'm going to call it good and try to submit my skill to Amazon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment